Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ready, steady... clean! - A 2013 plan


As I promised, I'm posting about my yearly plan to organize my life and mi home. The one which, sadly, consists mostly of cleaning. I am still at that stage where things have to be cleaned/decluttered/found/straightened before they can be properly organized, so no pretty containers or amazing new systems for my linens. I hope someday I'll get to them, and I'll have a pretty home, full of little details that make my heart sing with joy, but today is not that day. This year is the year I do my best to get one step close to that day.

And this is how I intend to do it:

  • January. The study month.
  • February. The kid's room month.
  • March. The living room month.
  • April. The kitchen month.
  • May. The main bedroom month.
  • June. The bathrooms month.
  • July. The blogging month.
  • August. The bathrooms month, take two.
  • September. The bedrooms month, take two.
  • October. The kitchen month, take two.
  • November. The living room month, take two.
  • December. The odds and ends month.

As you can see, I've assigned roughly two months to each room in our house (yes, it's a small flat, there are not too many rooms around here! I am both thankful and sad for it.) This way, I'll make sure they do not get too much out of control before the end of the year, and maybe I'll be able to sneak in some actual organization projects and start the prettifying. A girl can dream, right?
 Also, I might change some months of order (for instance, at first February was the living room month and March was the kid's room one, but my sister will come to stay for some days at the end of February... and the kid's room is also the guest room! I need it clean and nice sooner than the end of March, as you can understand.), but apart from that I'll stick to it. Hopefully. With a bit of help from this blog, I will.

Expect from me, then, at least two posts every month (one the first, or as close to it as I can get; and one the last day of it) about this 2013 plan. Hopefully, I'll have more to share than that!

And, last but not least, if you want to join me, feel free! I'd love to have some friends walking this road with me.


Oath's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...